Earnware’s email sending policies are in place and strictly enforced to keep our users safe and their emails inboxing.
Getting email marketing broadcasts into the inbox takes a good sending reputation. Our policies are designed to protect the interests of all of our users. Careless mistakes, a repeated lack of judgement, and deliberate abuse can quickly put our platform and your specific sending reputation in jeopardy.
The following policies have been designed to protect you (and us) while improving the likelihood your emails will inbox:
- NEVER send unsolicited commercial email (SPAM). All emails must be CAN-SPAM compliant. This means:
- Senders may not use a “From Name” that is different from your domain or legally registered DBA.
- Never use deceptive subject lines. Click here to read more about our email subject line policy and deceptive subject line keywords to avoid.
- All emails must contain a valid postal address, whether a physical location, registered post office box, or a private mailbox with a properly registered commercial mail receiving agency.
- All emails must contain a functional unsubscribe link in the footer. All opt-out requests, weather via your unsubscribe link or other form of communication, must be honored within 3 business days of receipt.
- All advertisements must be clearly marked as such.
- NEVER send content that is adult, illegal, immoral, or deceptive in nature. Content should generally be family friendly. Content that may be in violation includes, but is not limited to:
- Content that is sexual in nature.
- Content that harasses, intimidates, or bullies an individual or group.
- Content that could be construed as even remotely threatening.
- Content that incites hatred against, promotes discrimination of, or disparages an individual or group on the basis of their race or ethnic origin, religion, disibility, age, nationality, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or other charactistic that is associated with systemic discrimination or marginalization.
- Content that makes claims that are demonstrably false.
- Content that promotes illegal activities.
- NEVER email people who have not subscribed or who otherwise have no relationship with your company or brand.
- NEVER buy and import an email list or send unsolicited emails.
- NEVER send mail to a contact who has not been mailed or opened in the last 90 days (maximum). We highly recommend limiting emails to contacts who have opened within the last 30 days.
- NEVER increase your list size if you are averaging more than 1 complaint or 5 unsubscribes per 1,000 contacts emailed.
All users must follow our guidelines if they want to send marketing email with Earnware. While we are happy to provide friendly training, Earnware will take measures to protect the network from those who do not follow the rules. These measures include the issuance of official warnings, temporary suspension, or complete termination. Deliberate abuse will also result in user liability for loss and damages.